Takbeerat of Tashreeq & Sunnah on day of Eid
1. Recite the the Takbeerat of Tashreeq aloud 1 time after every salah beginning at Fajr on Wednesday (9 Zhul Hijjah) until Asr on Sunday (13 Zhul Hijjah).
2. The Day of Arafah (9 Zhul Hijjah) is Wednesday, September 23. The Messenger of Allah (s) said: “Fast the Day of Arafah, for indeed I anticipate that Allah will forgive (the sins) of the year after it, and the year before it.” (Tirmizhi, 749)
3. The Night of Eid is very valuable in the eyes of Allah, as the Prophet (s) says, “Whoever spends the nights of the two ‘Eid in praying voluntary prayers, seeking reward from Allah, his heart will not die on the Day when hearts will die.” (Ibn Majah, 1854)
4. The most important action on Eid al-Adha day is Qurbani (Ud’hiya). Allah’s Messenger (s) says, “The son of Adam does not do any deed on the Day of Sacrifice that is dearer to Allah than performing qurbani (ud’hiya). It will come on the Day of Resurrection with its horns and cloven hoofs and hair. Its blood is accepted by Allah before it reaches the ground. So be content when you do it.” (Ibn Majah, 3246)
5. The following acts are sunnah on the day of Eid al-Adha:
1. To wake up early in the morning.
2. To clean one’s teeth with a miswak or brush
3. To take bath.
4. To put on one’s best available clothes.
5. To use perfume.
6. Not to eat before the Eid prayer.
7. To recite the Takbir of Tashriq in a loud voice while going to the Eid prayer.
6. It is preferable not to cut the nails or hair (on any part of the body) in the first Ten Days of Zhul Hijjah, if one intends to perform Qurbani (Ud’hiya).