- It is Sunnat to face the Qibla while saying the Azaan and Iqaamah.
- It is Sunnat to say the Azaan with pauses after each phrase while the Sunnat method of Iqaamah is to say it quickly.
- During the Azaan it is Sunnat to turn the face to the right when saying: and towards the left when saying However, the chest and the feet should remain towards the direction of the Qibla.
- It is Sunnat to repeat the words of the Azaan after the Muazzin (in reply to the Azaan). When the Muazzin call out and reply with:
- In the Azaan of Fajar when the Muazzin calls out: reply with:
- The reply will be given to the Iqaamah in the same way as it is given for Azaan. However, in reply to one should say:
- After the Azaan it is Sunnat to recite Durood Sharief (Muslim – Vol.1 pg.166)
- Thereafter recite this Dua which is narrated in the chapter of Azaan in Bukhari Sharief.
Trans: O’ Allah the Lord of this perfect call and the Lord of the prayer which is about to be performed, grant Muhammad ( ) the intercession and the virtue and grant him the praised position (Al-maqaamul Mahmood) which you have promised him. Verily you do not contradict your promise.
Source: Beautiful Sunnahs of Beloved Nabi SAW
Author: Aarif Billah Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahab Db