Sunnahs of Azaan and Iqaamah
- It is Sunnat to face the Qibla while saying the Azaan and Iqaamah.
- It is Sunnat to say the Azaan with pauses after each phrase while the Sunnat method of Iqaamah is to say it quickly.
- During the Azaan it is Sunnat to turn the face to the right when saying: and towards the left when saying However, the chest and the feet should remain towards the direction of the Qibla.
- It is Sunnat to repeat the words of the Azaan after the Muazzin (in reply to the Azaan). When the Muazzin call out and reply with:
- In the Azaan of Fajar when the Muazzin calls out: reply with:
- The reply will be given to the Iqaamah in the same way as it is given for Azaan. However, in reply to one should say:
- After the Azaan it is Sunnat to recite Durood Sharief (Muslim – Vol.1 pg.166)
- Thereafter recite this Dua which is narrated in the chapter of Azaan in Bukhari Sharief.
Trans: O’ Allah the Lord of this perfect call and the Lord of the prayer which is about to be performed, grant Muhammad ( ) the intercession and the virtue and grant him the praised position (Al-maqaamul Mahmood) which you have promised him. Verily you do not contradict your promise.
The words are not narrated in Bukhari Sharif. Imam Baihaqi has narrated it in Sunan-e-Kubra.
Note: To add the words or to add at the end is not established from any narration. (Hence it should not be added on in the Dua after azaan). Mullah Ali Qari () writes in Mirqaat-Vol.2, pg. 163.
Note: By reciting this Dua one will be blessed with a good death and one will receive the intercession of Rasulullah ().
Source: Beautiful Sunnahs of Beloved Nabi SAW
Author: Aarif Billah Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahab Db