From Anas bin Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, who said: “The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: ‘Whoever prays the morning prayer in congregation then sits remembering Allah until the sun rises, then prays two units of prayer has the reward like that of Hajj and `Umrah.’” He said, “Allah’s Messenger, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: ‘Complete, complete, complete (i.e. reward)’” (narrated by Tirmidhi).
Basically, the concept is that if you pray Fajr in the masjid congregation (for sisters, they can do this at their residence as it is better for them to pray in their homes) and then after the fajr salat, you don’t get up and instead you remember Allah (do dhikr, read Quran, etc) until the time for Duha prayer (a.k.a. Ishraq prayer, which has a start time about twenty minutes after fajr ends) and then you pray the Duha prayer, you will insh’Allah, receive the reward of a full Hajj AND Umrah (however, this does not lift the obligation upon one to perform Hajj). Subhan’Allah, how great is the bounty of Allah (SWT) to give His servant sooo much reward for so little time and action. Surely, Allah (SWT) is the Owner of great bounty.
Here are more narrations that support the hadith listed above:
- From Abi Umaamah who said: “Allah’s Messenger, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: ‘Whoever prays the morning prayer in congregation then sits remembering Allah until he sun rises, then stands up ad prays two units of prayer returns with the reward of Hajj and `Umrah’” (narrated by Tabarani).
- From `Abdullah bin `Aamir that Abu Umaamah and `Utbah Bin `Abd related that Allah’s Messenger, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said: “Whoever prays as-S.ubh. (i.e. fajr prayer) in congregation then sits until he prays for Allah the prayer of Dhuha has the reward like that of a haajj (pilgrim performing Hajj) and a mu`tamir (pilgrim peforming `Umrah), complete reward of his Hajj and his `Umrah” (narrated by Tabarani).
- From `Usrah who said, “I heard the Mother of believers, meaning `Aa’isha, say: ‘I heard Allah’s Messenger, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, say:‘Whoever prays fajr (or he said al-ghadaah, [transl. both referring to the morning prayer]), then sits in his place and does not speak idly with something from matters of this world and remembers Allah until he prays four units of Dhuha, he will leave his sins like the day his mother bore him, without any sin’‘” (narrated by Ibn Hajr).
- From Sammaak That he asked Jaabir bin Samurah: “What did the Messenger, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam do when he prayed as-Subh (the morning prayer).” He said: “He used to sit in the Musallaa after he prayed as-Subh until the Sun rises”(narrated by Muslim).
- From Sahl bin Mu`aadh bin Anas al-Juhani from his father, that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: “Whoever sits in his prayer area (musallaa) after he completes as-Subh prayer until he prays two units of Dhuha prayer, [and] doesn’t say except what is good, his sins will be forgiven even if they are more than the foam of the sea”(narrated by Abu Dawud).
All the hadith mentioned have been classified as either sahih (authentic) or hasan (good). These narrations were complied by Shaykh Abdullah ibn Abdur Rahman Al-Jibreen.