Hadith Recorded in TARBRANI on the Authority of Adbullah Ibn Abbas:
Abu Hurairah Radiallahu anhu reports that the Holy Prophet (SAW) said, “Whoever recites the following Durood eighty times immediately after Asr Salaat on Friday, before standing up from his place, Allah will forgive eighty years of sins and grant him the reward equivalent to eighty years of worship.”
(Allahumma salli alaa muhammadinin nabiyyil ummiyyi wa-ala aalihi wasallim tasleema)
Translation: O Allah bless Muhammad, the unlettered Prophet, and his family and grant them best of peace.
Few others benefits of reciting Salaat o Salaam (Durood Shareef) anytime:
Listed below are some of the many benefits a person receives by reciting Durood Shareef:
- Almighty Allah sends ten mercies upon a person who recites Durood once.
- Ten of his sins are forgiven.
- The person’s rank is raised by ten degrees.
- Ten rewards are written for him.
- There is acceptance of Dua where Durood is recited at the beginning & at the end.
- T he person will be blessed with the intercession of Rasulullah (SAW).
- Almighty Allah will forgive his sins.
- Almighty Allah is pleased with him.
- The person will be nearer to the Prophet (SAW) on the day of Judgement.
- The person will have all his worries removed in this world and the hereafter.