Easy Deeds with Huge Rewards
Sometimes we keep putting off good Deeds, even though they are very easy for us. We delay performing them even though they have huge Reward. We should hasten towards Good deeds. We might have a busy life but if we give just a few minutes to these small deeds and don’t miss the opportunities; we will get huge reward. InshaAllah.
Allah says: “So hasten towards all that is good”. (2:148) In another Verse of Holy Qur’an, Allah says: “Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous” (3:133) Abu Hurairah (R.A) reported Messenger of Allah (Peace be Upon Him) said: “Be prompt in doing good deeds (before you are overtaken) by turbulence which would be like a part of the dark night. A man would be a believer in the morning and turn to disbelief in the evening, or he would be a believer in the evening and turn disbeliever in the morning, and would sell his Faith for worldly goods.” [Muslim]
BRIEF DEEDS WITH HUGE REWARD
- Calling someone towards Good: Each day we learn something good or some new deed. If we share this with others, we will get the same reward. The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: “Whoever guides [another] to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it.” [Saheeh Muslim] Also, “By Allah, if Allah were to guide one man through you it would be better for you than the best type of camels.” [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]
- Visiting the Sick: The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said “There is not a Muslim that visits another in the morning except that 70,000 angels ask forgiveness for him until the night, and if he visits him at night then 70,000 angels ask forgiveness for him until the morning, and he will have earned a garden in paradise” (At-Tirmidhi).
- Reciting Surah al-Ikhlas: Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’an. Imagine reciting it 3 times so the reward will be equivalent to reciting the whole Quran! Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to his Companions: ‘Could any one of you not recite one third of the Qur’aan in one night?’ They found the idea too difficult and said: ‘Who among us could do that, O Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Allaahu’l-ahad, al- samad [i.e., Soorat al-Ikhlaas] is one third of the Qur’aan.’” (Reported by Bukhari, 4628)
- Build a house in Paradise by Reciting Surat Ikhlas: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Qul huwa Allaahu ahad ten times, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.” (Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, 6472).
- Reciting Dua upon Entering market: The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: “Whoever enters a market and says: ‘Laa ilaaha ill Allah waHdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul Hamdu yuHyi wa yumeetu wa huwa Hayyun laa yamoot, bi yadihil khayr, wahuwa `alaa kulli shay’in qadeer’ [there is nothing worthy of worship but Allah, He is alone without partner, to Him belongs dominion and praise, he causes life and death and He is the Living and does not die. In His Hand is all the good, and He is over all things competent.] Allah will write for him a million good deeds, erase a million of his bad deeds and raise him a million levels.”[at-Tirmidhi]
- Glorifying and Praising Allah: In few minutes we can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allaah) many times. Allah’s Messenger (Peace be Upon Him) said: “Whoever says ‘Subhaanallaahi wa bihamdihi’ [Glorified is Allah and praised is He] one hundred times a day, will have his sins forgiven even if they are like the foam of the sea.” [al-Bukhari and Muslim]
- Preserving the ties of kinship: In a Hadith, it is stated: ” Whoever wishes that his provision be increased and his age lengthened, let him maintain the ties of kinship.” [al-Bukhari and Muslim]
- Remembrance of Allah: The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon Him) said: “When I say ‘Subhaan Allaah, wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah, wa Allaahu akbar’ [Glory be to Allah, praise be to Allah, there is no god except Allah, and Allah is Most Great], this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon.” [Muslim]
- Performing prayers in congregation The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon Him) said: “Prayer in congregation is superior to praying individually twenty-seven times.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
- Performing Salat ul-Ishraq In a Hadith reported by Prophet (Peace be upon Him) “Whoever prays al-ghadaa (i.e. al fajr) in congregation, then sits remembering Allah until sunrise, then prays two units of prayer, has a complete reward of Hajj and `Umrah [The Prophet repeated ‘complete’ three times for emphasizing].” [at-Tirmidhi]
- Performing `Umrah in the month of Ramadhan The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said:“`Umrah in Ramadhan is equal to a Hajj with me” [al-Bukhari]
- Providing food for breaking of the fast: “Whoever provides food for breaking of the fast of a fasting person receives the reward of the fasting person, without the reward of the fasting person being reduced in any way.” [at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah]
- Deeds in the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah First 10 days of Dhul Hijjah are very important with regards to virtue. The Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are dearer to Allah than these ten [days of Dhul Hijjah].” They said, “O Messenger, even jihad in the way of Allah?” He said, “Not even jihad in the way of Allah, except for the man who leaves with his wealth, and does not return with any of it (life or wealth).” [al-Bukhari]
- Reciting Four Phrases: Juwairiyah bint Al-Harith (R.A) reported that the Prophet came out from my apartment in the morning as I was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found me sitting there. The Prophet said: ”Are you still in the same position as I left you.” I replied in the affirmative. Thereupon the Prophet (Peace be upon Him) said: “I recited four phrases three times after I had left you. If these are to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, these will be heavier. These are: ‘Subhan-Allah Wa bihamdihi, ‘adada khalqihi, wa rida-a nafsihi, wa zinatah ‘arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi’ [Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise]” [Muslim]
- Performing the Friday Prayers: narrated from Abu Hurayrah (R.A) that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon Him) said: “Whoever does ghusl then comes to Jumu’ah, and prays as much as Allah decrees for him, then listens attentively until the khutbah is over, then prays with him (the imam), will be forgiven for (his sins) between that and the next Jumu’ah and three more days.” [Narrated by Muslim, 857]
- Fasting 6 Days in Shawwal: Abu Ayyoob (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.” (Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah)
- Jannah becomes obligatory: Abu Sa’id (R.A) said that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said “Whoever says ‘Radeetu billahi rabban, Wa bil-Islaami deenan, Wa bi-Muhammadin Nabiyan’ Jannah becomes obligatory for him (to enter). (Abu-Dawud)
Most of these actions will not cost us anything; they will not tire us or take much effort. May we find these small Deeds easy to perform and may it become a means of forgiveness for us. Ameen.